Joe’s programs are based on all-around athletic development that translates not only to baseball but to all sports. By utilizing skill components of speed, strength, coordination, fundamental movement patterns, baseball skills, and mental performance training he creates fun, fast paced games and competitions to constantly challenge players to adapt.
Joe wants to give every player all the foundational, underlying fundamental skills that can be combined to form the complex skills of sport.
- Former NCAA Div. 1 baseball player
- Baseball Canada and Baseball BC
- Professional baseball player/manager for 6 years.
- Former head development coach for multiple organizations around the world in Australia, Europe, and Canada creating long term athletic development plans for youths aged 5-18 as well as their top professional teams.
- Baseball Canada and Baseball BC NCCP learning facilitator and coach evaluator leading NCCP clinics and certifying coaches through practice and game evaluations.
Russell is a Langley Blaze alumnus where he was a dual asset on the mound, as well as, in the field. Upon graduating, Russell received a Scholarship to pitch for Clarendon College in Texas (NJCAA DIV 1). After serving as the closer for two years, Russell transferred to Mayville State University in North Dakota (NAIA) and their pitching staff.
Russell joined the Langley Blaze as the Head Coach for the Bantam Prep age division in 2016. Development of the athletes was the main goal during the three seasons he coached with the Blaze. Russell has an athlete first approach where communication of goals is key in helping them achieve success.
Region 5 All-Conference Honorable Mention (Clarendon College)
Academic All-American (Mayville State University)
2016 Provincial Champions (Langley Blaze Bantam Prep)
2016 Bronze Medal Canadian National Championships (Langley Blaze Bantam Prep)
2018 Gold Medal Western Canadian Championships (Langley Blaze Bantam Prep)